We would be pleased to welcome you and your dogs to Michill Cottage. Because we use it ourselves as much as time permits, it has the warmth and personal touches of a second home. We do not use a letting agency, so guests deal direct with the owners, Judy and Heather, and we will always listen to your needs and be as flexible as possible, so you can enjoy your stay.
The cottage is small, but clean, tidy, well-equipped and welcoming.
We can always offer cheaper rates for last-minute bookings: why not contact us to discuss discounts?
Michill Cottage is situated in a side street in the pretty Peak District village of Castleton
- Dogs welcome at no extra charge
- Sleeps 4
- Self-catering cottage
- Peak District – Castleton
Welcome to Michill Cottage. With original features and oak beams this pretty 17th Century stone cottage offers cosy holiday accommodation for anyone visiting the Peak District. There are 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin), a kitchen and a living room.
A charming place to visit at any time of year, the cottage is ideal for walkers, runners and cyclists. It is positioned in a quiet lane off the old market square in the village of Castleton. The views of the surrounding area are stunning and there are excellent walks straight from the door.
Thank you to all our guests for looking after the cottage so well. It really does help make it home from home.
View of Michill Cottage and surrounding area
Castleton itself is an ancient lead mining village and one of the most popular locations in the peak district, famous for its 4 show caverns and unique Blue John Stone. It sits snugly in the Hope Valley, guarded both by the shaly slopes of Mam Tor and the square towered Norman Keep of Perveril Castle, which overlooks the village from a lofty limestone perch.
As well is its own show caves, caverns and castle, Castleton is a great base for visiting surrounding attractions including Lyme Park, Chatsworth, Bakewell and Buxton.
For walkers, runners and cyclists, there is no need to use a car to make a very short journey into the hills where even in the height of summer you may barely meet another soul. And at the end of the day, Michill Cottage awaits you: a quiet refuge where you can enjoy a home-made meal, indoors or out. If you don’t want the trouble of cooking there are more eating-places than you can sample in a week, all less than ten minutes’ walking away.
Michill Cottage is comprehensively equipped:
- 1 double room
- 1 twin room
- Gas central heating
- Well equipped and fitted kitchen
- Electric oven and gas hob
- Microwave with grill and oven
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Fridge with icebox
- Iron and ironing board
- Lounge / Diner
- Colour TV with integral IP docking station, radio, DVD and CD player
- DVDs, games and books
- Full size hair dryer
- Duvets, linen and towels provided
- All power included
- Non smoking – STRICTLY
- Pets very welcome, but not upstairs (and definitely not on beds), thank you
- Excellent pubs, inns and restaurant within 5 minutes walk
- Short breaks available, please contact us to discuss your requirements
- Easy on-road parking within 100m
- Very small enclosed courtyard at the rear of the cottage.
- Garden opposite the cottage with fantastic views of the surrounding hills.
- Garden furniture, and a BBQ provided.
- Excellent walking straight from the cottage