We would be pleased to welcome you and your dogs to Michill Cottage.
Michill Cottage is situated in a side street in the pretty Peak District village of Castleton. With original features and oak beams this pretty 17th Century stone cottage offers cosy holiday accommodation for guests. There are 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin), a kitchen, a living room and a shower room.
Because we use it ourselves as much as time permits, it has the warmth and personal touches of a second home. Although we have now teamed-up with Welcome Cottages and their associates, it is important to us to maintain contact with our guests, and we are pleased that Welcome allow us to do this.
There is a parking space opposite the cottage which guests are welcome to use if they have a vehicle that will fit. The space is quite small and edged by stone walls, so some guests prefer to park on the street further along Pindale Road.
The cottage is small, but clean, tidy, well-equipped and welcoming.
- Dogs welcome at no extra charge
- Sleeps 4
- Self-catering cottage
- Free Wi-fi
- Peak District – Castleton
A charming place to visit at any time of year, the cottage is ideal for walkers, runners and cyclists. It is positioned in a quiet lane off the old market square in the village of Castleton. The views of the surrounding area are stunning and there are excellent walks straight from the door.
Thank you to all our guests for looking after the cottage so well. It really does help make it home from home.
View of Michill Cottage and surrounding area
Michill Cottage is comprehensively equipped:
- 1 double room with chest of drawers and hanging cupboard (there is a step up into this room)
- 1 twin room with combination wardrobe
- Gas central heating
- Gas stove in living room
- Well equipped and fitted kitchen (there is a step up into the kitchen)
- Electric oven and gas hob
- Microwave with grill and oven
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Fridge with icebox
- Iron and ironing board
- Lounge / Diner
- Colour TV with integral IP docking station, radio, DVD and CD player
- DVDs, games and books
- Full size hair dryer
- Duvets, linen and towels provided
- All power included
- Non smoking – STRICTLY
- Pets very welcome, but not on furniture or upstairs (and definitely not on beds), thank you
- Excellent pubs, inns and restaurant within 5 minutes walk
- Short breaks available
- Easy on-road parking within 100m
- Very small enclosed courtyard at both front and rear of the cottage.
- Garden furniture, and a BBQ provided.
- Excellent walking straight from the cottage
Castleton itself is an ancient lead mining village and one of the most popular locations in the peak district, famous for its 4 show caverns and unique Blue John Stone. It sits snugly in the Hope Valley, guarded both by the shaly slopes of Mam Tor and the square towered Norman Keep of Peveril Castle, which overlooks the village from a lofty limestone perch.
As well is its own show caves, caverns and castle, Castleton is a great base for visiting surrounding attractions including Lyme Park, Chatsworth, Bakewell and Buxton.
For walkers, runners and cyclists, there is no need to use a car to make a very short journey into the hills where even in the height of summer you may barely meet another soul. And at the end of the day, Michill Cottage awaits you: a quiet refuge where you can enjoy a home-made meal, indoors or out. If you don’t want the trouble of cooking there are more eating-places than you can sample in a week, all less than ten minutes’ walking away.